Campaigns with multiple bursts of activity can be booked, trafficked and optimised as multi-flighted placements.
Multi-flighted items are signed-off as a single placement, but trafficked to the your ad server as multiple line items for tighter performance control. Each individual flight has its own flight dates and goal (impressions, clicks, etc), whilst shared attributes such as targeting, frequency cap and cost rate are defined once for all flights.
Multi-flighting can be useful for:
- Long term bookings – quarterly or yearly strategies with monthly execution.
- Custom bursts – short flights to assess creative performance or set to run during major events.
Benefits of multi-flighting:
- Easy planning – single sign-off with budget and specs locked in across all flights.
- Better optimisation – ability to set flight specific goals and budgets.
- More reporting options – budget and expenditure can be seen in ‘Campaign view’ or ‘Monthly view’.
- Simpler billing reconciliation – flights used for upfront media allocation and mid-campaign rebalancing.
Multi-flighting settings are fully transparent for advertisers booking campaigns with you on Adslot. A standard placement can be converted to multi-flighting by you or the buyer with just a few clicks:
How to create multi-flighted placements
- Add a new product to the Planner or Media Schedule.
- Click on the Fight Dates column.
- Adjust dates if necessary to ensure they go over multiple months.
- Click Monthly Flights to auto-generate a flight for each available month.
- Adjust targeting, frequency cap and rate at the parent level for all flights.
- Adjust goals & cost for each flight individually.
- Add or remove more flights as needed via the action menu (remove/cancel) and the date picker (add new).
- Confirm all details and sign-off.