To get an understanding of how your campaign is performing once live, simply click on Delivery option from the sub menu of your campaign. Let’s start by looking at the filter options first. The Group filters are great for when you want to slice and dice your results by status or ad format - very helpful to get a quick overview of what’s happening.
The other filters consist of a more granular view of the Group filters - allowing you to drill down even further into the data.
Now that you have applied your filters, let’s look at the results. You will notice to the left screen is the booking information - this section behaves very much like an excel view panes function whereby it’s frozen. The section to the right has a horizontal scroller, allowing you to shift between different data sets.
The data is divided into subsections:
- Placement details - this is merely an extension of the booking information and provides details on the placement such as cost, size, dates and formats
- Delivery - is where you can find out the pacing at placement level, discrepancies between buyer and publisher data and from the details column you can click on the graph icon to track overtime variance between buy and publisher numbers.
- Spent (billing on publisher’s data) - is how you can track money spent by either publisher numbers or buyer numbers at placement level
- Pacing - is important to understand based on your booked amount how much is being spent so far to date at placement level. Great way to monitor campaign budget/spend
- Impressions - are based on delivered impressions
- Viewability - this option isn’t always available and depends on both buyer and publisher settings. But when enabled it allows you to track real visibility of campaign creative.
- Clicks - tracks delivery of click by either the buyer or publisher
- Valid impressions: Meaning traffic that isn't from robots, or other deceptive software
- Acquisitions: These metrics pull into Adslot for any Publisher GAM or Buyer GCM integrated line items (achieved when assigning creative tags). A tag is triggered on a conversion page defined by the buyer site admin
- Video plays: Video metrics pull into Adslot for any Publisher GAM or Buyer GCM integrated line items. This metric shows number of times a video starts to play
- Video 25%: Number of times a video plays 25% of its duration
- Video 50%: Number of times a video plays 50% of its duration
- Video 75%: Number of times a video plays 75% of its duration
- Video 100%: Number of times a video plays 100% of its duration
- Video views: Number of times the ad was viewed to completion. For VAST 3 or 4, a completion occurs when the user reaches the "skippable video engaged view time" defined in the Ad Server network settings (GAM Video Engaged views).